Through the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF), RIIB makes low-interest loans to community public water systems, non-profit non-community public water systems, privately organized water suppliers and local governmental units to complete drinking water infrastructure projects.
How It Works
- Projects eligible for DWSRF financing include the planning, design and construction of safe drinking water supply, treatment, and transmission infrastructure
- Loans made through the DWSRF may be repaid over a period of up to 20 years and can be structured to meet the repayment abilities unique to each borrower
- Interest is subsidized at 25% below the borrower’s market rate
- Projects are awarded financing based on their ranking on the Department of Health's Project Priority List, readiness to proceed and subject to credit approval and the availability of funds
- Borrowers work directly with RIIB and RI Department of Health to complete project and financing applications